“Twilight” Assigned to Carter Burwell

By • June 10, 2008

Carter Burwell has just finished work on his new film with the Coen Brothers, Burn After Reading, and is now scoring Twilight, the upcoming teen vampire film directed by eclectic production designer-turned-filmmaker Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen, Lords of Dogtown, The Nativity Story). The film is based on Stephenie Meyer’s novel and stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. Produced by Maverick Film and Summit Entertainment, it’s scheduled to premiere on December 12. Twilight is Burwell’s first horror score since Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 which came out in 2000.

Comments

By katy_cyllen on June 10th, 2008 at 12:48 pm

saludos desde colombia!!

well its so nice, I was listening some songs and he is nice! sounds good. THE MUSIC OF THE MOVIE IS IN GOOD HANDS! don’t worry ;P

By Frozen Fire on June 10th, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Twilight isn’t a horror story…there is drama too it but it’s mostly a romance between Edward, a vampire, and Bella, a human. There is so little horror in it…

By amsgirly00 on June 10th, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Hmm, well i dont know this guy but hey why not give him a chance. Everyone else i never heard of before is doing a great job with the film. Although, Twilight is not a Horror film…..its more of a love story with scary parts in it.

By JainaSelene on June 10th, 2008 at 3:45 pm

The man did a brilliant job scoring “Velvet Goldmine”, and has done so many different genres of film. I’m curious to hear the direction Burwell takes on a teen drama/romance/action/vampire movie. Make us proud!

By Ann on June 10th, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Hmm, well he also scored the music for a Knight’s Tale, which was pretty good, and I suppose having experience with a horror film will help bring some intensity and suspense to the action scenes for Twilight!

By alexx on June 10th, 2008 at 5:02 pm

wow. i can’t believe they call twilight a horror film. its a romance with mythical creatures that beat the crap out of a bad guy for his love. aka romance but ome i think he will do just fine

By Jessica on June 10th, 2008 at 5:34 pm

I’m just thrilled that Twilight’s being scored in the first place–that makes me ecstatic. And I’m sure Mr. Burwell will do a fantastic job.

By RAchel on June 10th, 2008 at 5:44 pm

well i am super excited!! it better be an awesome score! and Twilight is not a horror. it is action romance

By Helen on June 10th, 2008 at 6:44 pm

Wow I am just so excited for this movie! It sounds like It’s really coming along, I cannot WAIT to see it! Hardcore/Diehard Twilight fan alert! Mr.Burrel I congratulate you on having the honor to work on Twilight, and I know you will do a FANTASTIC job! xoxo

By Helen on June 10th, 2008 at 6:46 pm

By the way guys, seeing as you have not actually SEEN the movie yet, you cant really judge Mr.Burrel when he calls the movie a horror, it may in fact become one! Besides, considering it is mostly based on vampires, which are associated with horror, you really have to give the poor guy a break…:P

By Lynn on June 10th, 2008 at 6:59 pm

I’m confident that Mr. Burwell won’t let us down!! Its so satisfying to have yet another creative soul working on Twilight.

By Jiyeon on June 10th, 2008 at 7:15 pm

i’m going to start by saying what everyone else has been saying:

Twilight is not horror.
It’s more of a thriller/action. ¬ ¬

BUT, i am sure summit/catherine would not want to mess up
such a wonderful film, so mr. carter burwell is most likely a genius
and we fans shall not be disappointed =)

By Julie on June 10th, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Hey, he did Buffy the Vampire Slayer so he should be fine. haha. He’s done like a bazillion films so no worries.

By devon on June 11th, 2008 at 7:58 am

i’m sure he’ll do an awesome job scoring the film (:

By eager 4 eternal damnation on June 11th, 2008 at 9:39 am

Twilight IS NOT A HORROR FILM!!!

By Madeline Cuddihy on June 11th, 2008 at 9:45 am

excuse me but im a little upset here–Twilight is not a horror film at all! Its part romance part action. So if you could please change that much thanks would be given.

By Melissa on June 11th, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Yay they are doing the scoring… A good score can REALLY add intensity to a movie and there are so many intense moments in Twilight… Hope he does a wonderful job with it..

And as everyone has already mentioned… Twilight is NOT a horror movie… but hopefully him having exerience with that will make the fight scenes and other ‘scarier’ aspects a bit more exciting…

By Daria on June 11th, 2008 at 5:40 pm

You never know thet may have put more ‘Horror ‘ in to the movie… you haven’t seen it so you can’t really judge, any way wut vampire movie dosen’t have some good old blood sucking Horror?

By Melanie on June 11th, 2008 at 10:27 pm

I AM a little worried about the music now, i mean some suspensful scary thriller music would be great, but its needs a LOT more romantic music since twilight is a romance before a horror story. But no matter what it is…it’ll be great, i mean co’mon…ITS TWILIGHT!!! XD

By mimi alock on June 14th, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Arr… Twilignt n’est pas une film d’horreur… Ca devient aggaçant à force de toujours lire la même chose. Savent-ils au moins de quoi ils parlent ? –’
N’empêche j’ai écouté ses musiques et elles sont pas mal du tout. J’espère qu’il fera même mieux pour l’adaptation =D

By Jasmine on June 16th, 2008 at 12:49 pm

where can i listen the music?

By june tracy on August 17th, 2008 at 1:17 pm

somebody knows where I can download the music that Edward plays on piano in the movie? if somebody knows where… please, tell me.

thanks…

By Tia on September 6th, 2008 at 3:51 pm

I agree with everyone else with the statement, “Twilight is not a horror movie.” And it’s not. But there isn’t really a section at the movie store called the “romance section. (At least not where I’ve been.) The only place to assign the genre is “horror” because it can’t be fully classified into one set type. One of my favorite books (other then Twilight, of course) is recorded as “horror” even though it mostly a romance with a weregirl protecting her human boyfriend. (Watch “Blood and Chocolate” it’s amazing.) I can’t wait to hear Bella’s Lullaby from this fantastic musician. He’ll make it worth the fan-girls while. :)

By Gerardo on September 7th, 2008 at 7:53 am

I’m sorry but I think the score and edward’s lullaby is in better hands now rather than having Rob composing the lullaby Carter have more experience and I can’t wait to hear it I may put it as my ringtone that will be cool

By edward's lamb on September 8th, 2008 at 4:07 pm

i wish they would use river flows in you by yurima

By Mandy on October 7th, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Heard “Bella’s Lullaby” it took my breath away. He did a FANTASTIC job!! I am a HUGE “Twilight” fan, and I was skeptical that anyone could play the emotions that you feel when you read the books. I felt this song.Wonderful job!!

By bella on October 24th, 2008 at 10:26 pm

can you give me a patitur song of bella’s lullaby pleasa?
thx

By Amanda on November 1st, 2008 at 5:56 pm

oh.
my bf found bella’s lullaby and downloaded it to his ipod.
its amazing.
i listen to it over and over.

By A.Cullen on November 3rd, 2008 at 5:01 pm

i agree with frozen fire…

By Susan on November 30th, 2008 at 2:15 pm

The movie is very good with exceptional moments. Some of the scenery was breath-taking, but the music really makes the film. It tells a story all by itself. I was delighted in so many ways. My son and I went to see the movie over the holiday. A supporting actress, Anna Kendrick attended school and graduated with my son. We also attended the same church and the two were in daycare together for a while. Both are fine young adults and it is good to know that both are fulfilling their dreams.

By Alicia Carter on December 1st, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Actually the Film and Books of Twiligh are mostly a romantice involving Vampire becuse there better to use as romantic in a story Edward Cullen(vampire) falls in love with Bella Swan(human) He is attracted by her blood he did think she was a demond that was there to hurt him or get him off track of things becaue he couldnt read her mind. Well bella didnt know anything about him and she though he had hated her but he didnt he felt defensive of her he wanted to save her from everyhting but soon found out he cant always be there to protete her. she always gets hurt when he tries. Edward Cullen is amazing and Bella Swan will always be his love now for Robert Patterson He is mine.

Thank you for your time. Enjoy Stephanie Myeyrs Movies for they are truly inspiring and great.

By Nedel on December 9th, 2008 at 3:07 am

I really like to watch films with vampires,mostly horrors ,but also romantic movies. So this film had it all,enough action and more than great story and romantic scenes. And like someone said the music in the film is amaizing, and every song was on its proper place.
I am still listening and watching the last scene , for the 10th time

By peteman on December 12th, 2008 at 4:55 am

what is the name of the background music playing when bella climbed the mountain and edward followed her.. please tell me.. thank you so much.. the track gave me goosebumps.. awwwwwww

By hannah on January 11th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

i love twilight…i am like addicted to it.i love edward,jasper,emmett,carlisle, and i think jacob.so yeh and i love bella’s lulaeby.SO TWILIGHT ROCKS!

By yesyesyes on April 28th, 2009 at 6:26 am

i was sooo looking forward to seeing the movie twilight. it seemed like the best movie in the world. i have read the books 1, 2 and are recently reading three in the twilight series.
when i saw the movie i was dissapointed as bella was very depressing and she never smiled and the movie was short little snippets of the book which was such good detail compared to the movie. the movie in my oppinion did not at all compare to the book. i guess that is why i am greatly dissapointed in the movie.

By nikie on May 19th, 2009 at 6:35 pm

I think this was the greatest vampire movie of all time.. pepole think its a horor film its not it has drama romance action all wraped into one

By Lani on November 18th, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I think this twilight sequel will be the next Block buster hit in this year!!! YEEAH>>>… I like the story and i know its gonna be exciting… want to watch this!!!

By Peter Weis on July 27th, 2010 at 1:37 am

I think the switch in directors between the first one and the 2nd one really brought it down a notch. the 2nd movie had more action but over all the 1st one was a better movie. I feel like the music and over all music supervision in the first one seemed more on point as well.

Might way to see the third one DVD.

By Peter Weis on July 27th, 2010 at 1:38 am

Nikie. – Definitely not the bast vampire movie of all time. It might be the best Tween vampire movie ever made LOL.

By Leila on April 6th, 2011 at 8:24 am

Yeah, I was SEVERELY disappointed in Carter’s work in the the first Twilight movie. Far too much repetition and lack width (for the lack of a better word) made the score dull, uneventful and completely anti-climatic. But, it went with the movie that was complete crap and a joke. So I guess it works. The director changes for the subsequent movies is a welcome relief. Catherine Hardwick totally made a joke of herself with the first installment of the Twilight series.

Trackbacks