1. Make a list of who you know in the film and television business,and who they know - this is your "network tree" of people who are potential sources of information and contact in the industry.
2. Put together a "general demo" - that is, a demo CD that reflects your best work in a variety of styles.
3. Determine what special/unique skills you have in terms of the type/styles of music you write. Keep this info in mind as you move forward with your marketing plan (see the "Marketing Plan" section of this knowledgebase).
4. Determine which marketing documents and formats are best suited for you (see the "Marketing Plan" section of this knowledgebase for more information on this subject).
5. Find available film and television projects that are a good "fit" for your music, and make contact.
6. Follow up in all cases to determine response to you and your music.